Evacuation information and routes
Find out about evacuation information and routes out of Lamb Island.
List of roads that may flood
A list of emergency services in the Redlands.
Natural hazards and critical infrastructure
A description of natural hazards and critical infrastructure in Lamb Island.
Sea Transport Providers
For weather updates and to tune in to warnings:
- Listen to local radio: ABC 612AM and Bay FM 100.3
- Follow rolling updates on the Redland City Council news site
- Follow updates from Redland City Council’s Twitter and Facebook
- Follow weather and warning updates from the Bureau of Meteorology and Raby Bay weather station
- Word of mouth through Redland City Council (RCC), Queensland Police Service (QPS), Queensland Fire and Emergency Services (QFES) and State Emergency Services (SES)
- Door knocking and vehicle mounted PA systems through RCC, QPS, QFES and SES.
Prepare your household
- Life threatening emergencies or to report a fire: Triple zero (000)
- Non-emergency situations: Queensland Police 131 444, Queensland Ambulance: 13 12 33
- Flood or storm damage: State Emergency Services (SES): 132 500
- Council-related emergencies: Redland City Council: 3829 8999 (24 hours)
- Water supply emergencies: Redland City Council: 1300 015 561
- Fallen powerlines: Energex: 13 19 62. Stay away from fallen power lines and alert people of any dangers.
- Power outages: Energex: 13 62 62
- Telecommunication problems:
- Gas emergencies: Gas Emergency Queensland: 1300 763 105
- Health and Hospital information: Queensland Health: 13 HEALTH (13 43 25 84)
- School closures: Contact your children’s school directly or visit the Education Queensland website
- Road and traffic conditions: Transport and Main Roads: 13 19 40 or visit the 13 19 40 website